You Are Reading

Postage Stamps. Existing 'Innovative' Design.























I think some of these are stunning little things. The illustrative style and vivid colour is necessary I guess to make the image pop and is 100% my cup of tea. They've really managed to do something amazing with such a small space. I'm actually quite excited to get designing this now after looking at these. Anyway enough about of me gushing, guess I better talk about them with more purpose.

Personally the simpler designs for me have more impact due to it's level of clarity. The most successful have found a clear almost pictogram way of projecting their chosen message. For example the green stamp with a giraffe and a lion on it instantly tells me that Frankfurt has a zoo and I should perhaps visit if I ever find myself in town. This kind of clear vision is the key to my stamp design. One thing I've noticed however is the price in numbers as a graphic element doesn't seem to be exploited, they are often in style linked with the main imagery but rarely incorporated in the main image itself. Something I could possibly pick up on in my designs.

Thoughts:

This research has it more obvious to me to choose the low-impact route using an illustrative style and also possibly incorporating the price within the design. For example someone riding the price '60' like a bike. That's something I can explore on my design sheets. It might be useful getting together some transport images and pictograms like the cycling ones in my environmental post. 


Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.