You Are Reading

501. Evaluation.


1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

This module has assisted me in developing a greater understanding and appreciation of a number of topics and theories, as well as the ability to take one of these theories through into a visual practice. My ability to find the appropriate literature for a project research has also improved and now I find it much easier to use and utilize the college library.

It has seen a steady increase in my academic writing by increasing the strength and substance of how I put across and discuss topics. Now I write from an increasingly unbiased standpoint whereas I may have been found guilty of this in level 04.    

What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

The practical element of this project has been an interesting one. After I had decided what my concept was to be, finding a practical solution that best expressed that was pivotal to its success. I needed to find the most effective way of expressing two different messages in the same sentence visually. After some thought I found using colour contrast to my advantage allowed me to do so. I gathered influence and decided a fluorescent and black meant I could achieve an almost invisible quality from a distance on chosen pieces of text. Green appeared to give me the best results. These ideas of using process and colour to assist you in guiding the viewer onto elements you want them to first is something I have explore in other aspects of my design practice since, and will continue to do.

On the theory side of the module it has also been beneficial. It’s helped me to view design in a different way with a deeper understanding of responsibility. When we deal with the matter or persuasion, we must be careful of how we achieve it.  

What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

I’ve gone into this already in the previous question but to iterate I feel the main strengths in this brief have been to do with the synthesis between theory and practice. Learning how to bridge that gap is becoming vital to progressing my practice into increasingly professional methods. 

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future? 

I still struggle in two areas that I plan to correct over the summer period so I am completely prepared to tackle COP 3 head on. In terms of academic writing there is room for improvement. Triangulation needs to be worked on in order to produce a better argument and most importantly a superior grasp of theory in my own practice. Practically I need to have a firmer grasp of my content and a better plan of how the publication will flow.       

5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?


1.    Give more focus to research to increase my understanding and better inform my practical elements.
2.    Work on triangulation to improve my academic writing.
3.    Spend more time on the structure of writing to present arguments and discussions better.
4.    Define subjects more to focus both research and practice.
5.    Find something I am really passionate about to increase motivation.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.