You Are Reading

Literature Search.

Considering the theme of my publication being one of language concerned with advertising and propaganda, I need to find some relevant terms in order to effectively research my topic. Because I have carried on a general research theme of 'Propaganda' from my essay, I already have at least 10 sources of academic information available to me. However, these do not specifically deal with the language associated with propaganda that I would like to explore within the practical side of this module.

I decided to search the LCA library using the following terms:

Subliminal
Subliminal Advertising
Advertising Language
Advertising Persuasion
Propaganda Language

This led me to an interesting selection of books on my topic in the advertising area of the library.

Literature found:

Key, Wilson Bryan (1974) Subliminal Seduction: New York, Signet.

Cook, Guy (1992) The Discourse of Advertising: Oxon, Routledge.

Packard, Vance (1957) The Hidden Persuaders: New York, Ig Publishing.

O'Shaughnessy, John & O'Shaughnessy, Nicholas Jackson (2004) Persuasion in Advertising: London, Routledge

Goddard, Angela (1998) The Language of Advertising: London, Routledge.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.