You Are Reading

Publication. Experimentation.

I knew from the start that I wanted the publication to feel expressive and I guess you could say 'jazzy'. This meant that it needed that hand rendered element.

Trying to let my own expression come through, it took the form of these Keith Haring/Henri Matisse figures in an almost tribal dance to jazz. I wanted to keep some essence of the Negro roots and culture in there and elements of impressionism and expressionism which I know jazz musicians were inspired by at the time and vice versa. These artistic influences within the time are vital to expressing Jazz in an informed and viable way.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.